Saturday, October 30, 2010

PLN 15

In Alfie Kohn’s School’s would be great if it weren’t for kids, it shows that students are a big portion of schools problems and that they don’t always try as hard as they should. Students don’t work to hard in school and people blame the teachers; it is really the students who are causing the problem. If students are not giving it their all in school then I want to be an exception, I want to give it a hundred percent the whole time so I can prepare myself for a successful life. If I slack around in school then I will never meet the goals of my life or get the skills I need for life. This matters to education because if students are dismal about school and not motivated because of the way they are being taught then schools need to take authority and change their ways of learning. But students also need to pick up their effort in school so they can learn more in class so all students can have bright and successful futures. If the learning techniques are changed then it will help students a lot in being motivated because some students might learn differently not understanding what is going on so they give up. This also matters to the world because if students are not as motivated then some teachers will lose jobs. As terrible as that is there will be a more catastrophic effect; students will not have the skills they need to be successful in life. Motivation is a large role in a student’s education, and it will affect the results of their education.

2 comments: