Sunday, October 3, 2010

PLN 9

In Tony Wagner’s Rigor Redefined Tony writes about how jobs are looking for different skills that many people think are unusual such as problem solving, leadership, adaptability, initiative, communication, analyzing information, and imagination. Tony also believes that teachers are not preparing their students for the future as well as they could be. Many teachers are spoon feeding their students and not letting us apply ourselves therefore not preparing us for our future. This matters to me because I want to have all the skills I need to give me a good chance at getting a job I want. The teachers that aren’t making me apply myself and teaching me the skills I need to be successful need to change their style of teaching to adapt to the changing world. I feel as if many of the qualities jobs are looking for are very unique but also will my generation change the future to help us be philanthropists in the future. I also believe that if teachers are too lazy to teach the information without using the qualities jobs are looking for, then they should find different profession because we need teachers that will prepare us for the future generations and help us make a difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment