Tuesday, October 26, 2010

PLN 14

In Lauren Lee’s The Problem of Motivation students are not influenced to learn and go to school. Lee states that students are unwilling to go to school and her statement supports Shakespeare's quote "the whining schoolboy, with his satchel/ And shining morning face, creeping like a snail/ Unwillingly to school" (II.7.2.145–147) that students were lazy at four hundred years ago also. This matters because I don’t just pump myself up for school and I don't always want to be there. If that is the case then I won’t learn the material I need to and I won’t be able to figure out questions on the test or understand what I am supposed to do for the homework. That will affect my life later and hurt me in going to college because I won't have the skills I need. This also matters to education because if schools are teaching schools full of students that are not ready to learn then how will they learn anything and why do the teachers bother teaching. Some students are motivated for school because they want to be there, but for the average student I would say they would rather be doing something else once in a while which hinders their motivation toward learning. To the world if students are not motivated for school then how will they do in competing in a job spot, and where will it leave the United States as a nation. Students need to be motivated and ready to go to school each and every day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reading, Justin, and voicing your thinking. I noticed you mention your own occassional apathy toward school. What do you attribute this to?

    ReplyDelete