Wednesday, November 3, 2010

PLN 16


            I read Will Richardson’s A Turn of the Phrases(s) and it was about how students are supposed to receive an education and that education is provided but also that we need to figure out that we provide the education for ourselves. Sure education is provided by the school but I know that I need to make an attempt to learn and so does everyone else to take anything away from what I was taught. In the article Will also talked about how schools also need to help students figure out the best way to prepare them for learning. This matters to me because if I know how to prepare myself to learn then I know I will do better in school. To education, students who do not understand what is being taught in class might struggle more because they do not understand how to take all of the information in because one size does not fit all even though the school’s teachers thinks it does. To the world, struggling students won’t help make a good impact on the world. The students who make the most of their education will be the most successful people in life doing what they want to. Think about it do we want college graduates frying burgers because they did not take anything away from college Will also stated that technology is now a big role in education and that we need to use education to shape technology to help students have a better advantage in learning. If students have the resources on a computer they need to use it their advantage but if education shaped technology then we would never have to question sources or validity of our searches. There are many factors that play into the role of a successful student.

No comments:

Post a Comment